Solid V Wheel is a open source design by OpenBuilds. Solid V Wheel are strong wheel that resists deflection due to it’s solid nature.
Solid V Wheel are good for.
- For builds where heavier loads are required and less compression in the delrin is desired. Many of these wheels could be added to a gantry to allow an even distribution of the load across them.
- Improved performance of the belt and pinion system to give the belt a flat surface to ride on.
For projects and build inspiration with Solid V Wheel and V Slot checkout http://openbuilds.com .
Daemons and Drawing
CAD Models and Drawings can be found here .
To assemble a full wheel you need below components
|Solid V Wheel||1|
|Ball Bearings - 625 RS||2|
NOTE: Precision Shims dimension 5mm x 10mm x 1mm (ID x OD x Thick)
Assembled Solid V Wheel
Here is the cross section of the Solid V Wheel Assembly
Adding to above, you need below components too
|M5 Nylon Lock Nut||1|
|Eccentric or Aluminium Spacer||1|
How to assemble
Note: Assembling V Wheel and Solid V Wheel are similar
Do’s and Don’ts
- DO Lubricate the Delrin wheels with Silicone lubricants for smooth performance
- DO NOT over tight the nlock nut.
- DO Lubricate the bearings if needed for smooth operation
- DO Place the Precision Shim between the two Bearings to avoid binding!